Fifa executives have unanimously agreed to publish a “legally appropriate version” of a report into allegations of World Cup bidding corruption.
However, world football’s governing body insisted Russia and Qatar will stay as hosts of the 2018 and 2022 tournaments respectively.
Fifa president Sepp Blatter said he asked the executive committee to vote in favour of publishing the report.
“We have always been determined the truth should be known,” he said.
“That is, after all, why we set up an independent ethics committee with an investigatory chamber that has all necessary means to undertake investigations on its own initiative.”
So far only a disputed summary of Michael Garcia’s 430-page report into the bidding process for the forthcoming World Cups has been published.
Releasing the full report – which is likely be heavily redacted to preserve witness confidentiality – is a change in Fifa policy.
However, it will only be released once ongoing investigations into five individuals are completed.
The governing body had originally resisted pressure from both report author Garcia and others to publish the full report.
The American lawyer resigned on Wednesday after his appeal against the published summary of his report by fellow Fifa ethics committee chairman Hans-Joachim Eckert was dismissed.
Garcia said the findings released, following his two-year investigation into allegations of corruption, were “incomplete and erroneous”.